It might have taken a couple of years for your business idea to become a reality, and with your dynamic website, courtesy of your SEO partner, and an aggressive digital marketing plan, you are ready to take on the world. The business premises is ideally located and almost ready for occupation, expensive equipment and stock are arriving, and your thoughts turn to security. We all know how prevalent theft is in Australia, indeed in any part of the world, as a portion of people decide to opt out of the system and turn their hand to stealing from others, and if you own a business, security is not something you can afford to overlook. Assuming we are in agreement with that, let’s take a look at your commercial security options in a little more detail.
- Video Surveillance – It matters not what type of business you are in, video surveillance can provide the solution, and whether you are concerned with criminal intent from customers or staff, or you want some protection during the night, a specialist CCTV company would tailor design a closed circuit TV system that gives you exactly what you need. Modern business security systems are customised according to the needs of the client, and if you would like to examine your options regarding business security, an online search will land you on the website of a local provider. They would send an engineer to inspect your business premises, as only then can they make a recommendation, and with state of the art equipment and professional installation, the ideal business security can be yours at an affordable price. Infrared gives crystal clear reception, especially at night, and with remote control, you can swing the cameras and zoom in on anything that interests you.
- Access Control Systems – It isn’t only video surveillance that assists the business owner, with biometric access using either fingerprints or retina scans, and there are other keyless access solutions that can be tailored to the client’s needs. The days of key managers carrying huge keyrings have long gone, and any modern commercial facility would have a digital access platform, which can be configured to allow restricted access to specific personnel.
- Manned Security – In some situations, manned security is a must, with factories and warehouses that have goods coming and going at all hours of the day, and valuable inventory must always have round the clock manned security presence. Large facilities might require a security patrol once or twice a day, and they would also have CCTV cameras positioned around the perimeters, all of which are connected and can be viewed from a single screen in the control room.
- Stock Loss – For some companies, stock loss is a major problem, and despite every effort, they are often at a total loss as to where this stock is going, and by consulting with a CCTV specialist, hidden cameras can be fitted, and the secret will shortly be revealed. Video surveillance can be used in a variety of ways, and is ideal for deterring criminal intent, and shortly after installing the system, stock loss will no longer be an issue – and that’s ongoing.
- Security Windows and Doors – A jeweller, for instance, would require security rated doors and windows, to ensure that unauthorised access is impossible, and they would also use a sophisticated alarm system. It is the insurance company that insists on a suitable level of security, especially with very valuable goods.
As a business owner, you have little choice but to seek out adequate security for your premises, and the best way to do that is talk to a business security expert, who can easily be found with an online search. Whatever your business, there will be a digital security solution, and with a tailored system that provides the level of security you need, you have a fit and forget security solution. Retail outlets, no matter the size, require a CCTV system that monitors the entire retail space, and then there’s the perimeter security, for outside of opening hours, which can be a separate system that automatically monitors the exterior space 24/7, and furthermore, it can be configured with a UPS system to ensure continuous service.
Fortunately, there are specialist companies that are dedicated to providing bespoke security solutions for a range of industries, and with their help, your security issues will soon be a thing of the past.